I love to read and I am always looking for new books and references. So here is a list of some books that I found to be useful. These books have also been a great source of inspiration.
I have read all the books listed on this page, but if you're wondering whether I own all of them, the answer is NO! (I wish I did!! :))
- Reader’s Digest Complete Guide to Embroidery Stitches.
- The Encyclopedia of Stitches: With 245 stitches Illustrated and 24 Exquisite Projects, by Karen Hemingway.
- Reader’s Digest Complete Book of Embroidery. Includes Crewelwork, Goldwork, Ribbon Embroidery, and Embellishment by Melinda Coss.
- Embroidery Techniques and Patterns by Marie-Noëlle Bayard.
- Blackwork by Mary Gostelow.
- Creative Surface Design by Sandy Scrivano.